01 April 2010

Cheryn's "Conversion" Story

My friend, who is a serious bookie, told me that she believes people who claim they don't enjoy fiction just haven't found the right book. I laughed at the time and thought, seriously not for me; I have more pressing and important things to do with my time.

Wow, I had to eat my words, 'cause I am officially a fiction convert.  After unintentionally watching Twilight, and really liking the whole star-crossed lovers  and vegitarian vampire plot, then watching New Moon, I had to know what happened next! So my friend loaned me her copy of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn [by Stephenie Meyer, who btw, happens to be my friend's, husband's cousin--got that?].  At any rate, I read these books over Christmas Break, and that was the beginning of the end. I am officially hooked. I suppose my vise could be worse, right? Lots of my reading is either while I'm on the eliptical, or while waiting for a doctor's appt, etc. So in my twisted mind, I'm actually being more productive by adding reading here and there in my daily routine.

The purpose of this blog is purely to review and discuss fiction books. I'm hoping the books I read will be clean. Which is to say that I prefer reading to be enjoyable, inspiring, funny, whitty, and relaxing, without every other word being: [censored] and [censored] or [censored] which I find unnecessary and ultimately tiresome. That being said, we are all adults here, so I will overlook a minor infraction here or there if its well-worth it in the grand scheme of the storyline.

Do you have a recommendation or review?  Feel free to comment to your heart's content <3 Until then...

HAPPY READING!

No comments: