05 April 2010

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

conflicting.
adventure.
love.

The Host was the obvious choice when I was searching for what would be the third fiction book I've ever read. I figured since I was into Stephenie Meyer's writing, then it should be pretty safe. While I can see how some people thinnk this author has plot issues, I actually appreciate the way she writes. The plot builds slowly but steadily and I always think the suspense is worth it in the end. I was glad that the pace of the story kept up throughout this book.

I'd probably compare it to Eclipse in the Twilight Saga because it has quite a bit of action and I had no idea how everything was going to resolve, but it did...beautifully. This book made me laugh and cry. Can't wait to read the next Host book that Stephenie is rumored to be writing.

5 of 5 stars

No comments: