27 March 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

conditioned.
contradictory.
complimentary.

The first 316 pages of the book where the tiniest bit tormenting for me. Its not that the book up to this point was bad, by any means. It was just so "cookie cutter," so "perfect" in its imperfection that it made me sick. Even in Cassia's attempted inner rebellion, she still follows the rules on the outside! I kinda wanted to scream at her.

It wasn't until chapter 29 that everything that I despised about the story finally found its purpose. In that moment, I felt the journey had been worth it. I understood the necessity to feel the emotions I experienced leading up to that point. I am pleased to report that I was happily surprised to realize how much I ended up appreciating this book. And guess what...100% clean read! Wow, now that is a feat.

3.5 out of 5 stars

The next book is slated to be released Nov 1st, 2011...oh, and planned to hit the big screen in the future as well. Enjoy...

No comments: