27 September 2010

Pretties by Scott Westerfield

mind.
futuristic.
savage.

I really enjoyed the first three-quarters of this book, but that is when it went downhill for me. I can see a potential for the third book in the series to be really great, or a huge failure. I'm a little aprehensive to find out because I want the time spent reading it to be worth a great ending, you know?  Let's just say the jury's out on if I would recommend adding this series to your collection.  So far there's been one good book amidst the two I've read, as 3/4 of the first book was lacking and last 1/4 of the second.  I'll let you know what I think. But if you think it sounds like something you might be into reading based on the back cover, then I'd say go for it. If you are on the fence about it, I'd suggest waiting for my critique so you don't feel like a fraction of your life has been wasted (;

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: