22 August 2010

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

magic.
conspiracy.
juvenile.

I would've liked this book a LOT better if I had been fifteen years old when I read it.  I typically enjoy young adult fiction, just because its likely to be free of unnecessary  vulgarity. This method hasn't steered me wrong yet, but this book comes off as a little too juvenile for me.


It was a little creepy at times so not necessarily ideal for young youth, but it just seemed to me like a storyline that I've heard too many times in too many ways to enjoy the "surprise and suspense" of it all.

That being said, I am 89% sure that I will read the next book in the series because it seemed like the story was just finalled starting to unfold when the book abruptly ended. Of course I want to know what happens, but I won't be scurrying madly to ensure I'm reading book two tonight. I'll casually wait to get it into my hands and read it at some point in the not-too-distant future.

For me,

3.5 out of 5 stars

Next two books in the series:

No comments: